Pump up your travel experience with these tips from Sun Cellular
Traveling has its highs but it can also turn into a challenging experience as a result of hurried packing and planning. So before you load your trolley to the trunk or catch your flight, take a few minutes to put together a checklist of travel essentials to ensure a worry-free and enjoyable trip.
Sun Cellular, the network that guarantees budget friendly IDD calls and reliable roaming services, shares these helpful tips especially to those flying out for the first time.
- What to pack? Most travelers have a tendency to overpack their suitcase with things they don’t need and only add extra kilos to their luggage. The answer to the question depends on the purpose of your trip. Will it be a vacation with family? A cruise? A business trip? Also, check the weather of the country you’re headed to so you’ll know what clothes and shoes to bring. Have a day’s outfit squeezed into your hand-carry so you have something to wear in case of unforeseen glitches such as a lost luggage.
- Put all your travel documents in one purse so you can easily retrieve them whenever necessary. These include a copy of your passport, plane tickets, travel insurance receipts, boarding pass, immigration forms and the like. Don’t forget to bring a pen or two for filling out various documents.
- Bring a photocopy of your travel documents, IDs, credit cards. In cases of unfortunate events, and your documents or IDs are lost, you have proof for claims.
- Have enough local currency in your wallet for transportation, tips, and establishments you would have to pay in small denominations. You never know also when you might encounter establishments who do not accept credit cards as payment and you can’t find a nearby ATM machine.
- Bring pocket-sized travel guide book. This book contains useful information about your country of destination including map of the city, modes of transportation, popular tourist spots, and translations of often used foreign words which might come in handy while exploring the city.
- Activate your Sun Roaming Service and keep a list of important phone numbers which you can call in case of emergency while abroad. Activating your roaming service is easy. For postpaid subscribers, simply call the Sun hotline +632 3958000 or 200 from your Sun-powered mobile phone. For prepaid, simply text ROAM ON then send to 222.
Sun Cellular has 300 roaming partners in more than 100 destinations worldwide, giving you peace of mind and assurance that you can call and text your loved ones back home anytime you need to. Use Sun Budget Roaming Services to enjoy savings of up to 75% on your roaming call charges, and send texts for just P5 per message! Simply dial *111#, press SEND, and follow menu instructions to enjoy the service. Conditions apply.
Whether you’re headed for the romantic city of Paris or a cultural trip in Asia, following these helpful travel tips from Sun Cellular will help you get to your destination in a breeze and have an enjoyable trip.
For inquiries, call Sun hotline 200 with your Sun-powered mobile phone or (02) 395-8000 from any landline. Visit our Facebook page facebook.com/suncellularph. Follow @suncelltweets on Twitter.