Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I activate my Roaming Service?
Activating your roaming services is easy. Just text ROAM ON then send to 222.
- How soon should I activate my roaming services?
Activate your roaming services at least 1 hour before leaving the Philippines.
- What are the services that I can enjoy while roaming?
While abroad, you can enjoy a wide list of telco services including:
• Making and receiving calls
• Sending and receiving SMS
• GPRS services including WAP, internet and MMS (only available to postpaid subs and in select destinations)
• Caller ID
- Know who is calling before you answer the phone even when you're abroad with Sun's Caller ID feature
• Call Barring
- Protecting yourself from paying for unauthorized international calls is easy with Call Barring. You can choose to restrict your phone from making or receiving any calls, whether local or international. You may also choose to make calls only to your home country. You can choose how you want to protect yourself.
• Call Forwarding
- Take your calls in another phone when your battery runs flat even while you're roaming. Sun makes sure you don't miss a call especially during a business trip abroad.
• Multi Party Call Feature
- Make simultaneous calls with two of your sales managers in Manila while you're attending a regional meeting in Thailand with Sun Multi-Party call feature.
• Call Waiting and Call Hold
- Know when someone is trying to reach you while you're talking to your mom on your Sun phone with Call Waiting. You can also hold any active call to answer the incoming call or make another call while talking on the phone with Call Hold feature.
Do I get to choose a foreign network while roaming abroad?
Yes. You need to select from available mobile networks while abroad by:
1.) Go to your Phone settings menu,
2.) From Phone Settings, Click Network selections
3.) Choose Manual selections
4.) Then select SUN from the list of networks available.
Do I get charged when I receive a phone call while I am roaming abroad?
Yes! Please take note that for every time you answer an incoming call, whether it originates from the Philippines or from an international destination, you will be charged depending on the rates charged by the roaming network you are currently on.
How do I make a call?
When calling back to the Philippines, just dial:
+63 + Area or Network Code + Phone number or 00 + Area or Network Code +Phone number
i.e + 63 + 323 + 1234567 or 00 + 63 + 323 + 1234567
When calling an international number, just dial:
+ Country code + Area code + Phone number.
How do I send a text message?
When sending a text message, just use the International dialing format of the recepient when sending a message.
Country code + Area code + Phone number
i.e + 1 + 323 + 1234567 or 00 + 1 + 323 + 1234567.
I tried to send messages but it gives me a failed message sending notification. What should I do?
Whenever you encounter a message sending failed prompt, it could be that the message center number is different.
Please make sure that the message Center number is + 639220001501
Do I get charged whenever I receive a text message?
No. Incoming SMS are free of charge.
Do I need to turn off my roaming services when I return to the Philippines?
It is highly recommended to turn OFF the roaming services when you return to the Philippines. Your Packet data (GPRS) settings are disabled once your Roaming services are active. It will be restored once Roaming services are disabled.
Do I need to maintain a required balance to keep my roaming services active?
Yes. A prepaid credit of at least P100 is needed to maintain your roaming services active while abroad?
What happens if my credit falls below P100?
If your credit falls below the maintaining balance, a notification message will be sent to you reminding you that you need to top up or reload your credits to at least 100 pesos. Your Roaming services will be deactivated after 48 hours from the time your amount falls below the maintaining balance
Will I be able to restore my roaming services after my service gets deactivated?
Yes. Your roaming services can still be activated if you are able to top up or reload prepaid credits within 24 hours from date of deactivation.
What if I fail to reload my credits after the 24 hour period after deactivation, can I still reactivate my roaming services?
Unfortunately, your roaming services will be permanently deactivated when abroad. Please ensure that appropriate amount of prepaid credits are loaded in your account everytime to avoid such inconvenience.
How do I turn off my roaming services?
You can turn off your roaming services by simply texting ROAM OFF then send to 222.
You can still call or text your love ones
using your Sun Prepaid SIM.
The Prepaid Roaming Service is initially
available in 6 countries – China, Macau,
Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and U.S.
Tips while Roaming
• Always have a copy of your passport and/or Visa with you wherever you go around
• Have a list of important telephone numbers with you at all times
• Keep a handy dictionary with you when abroad. You’ll never know when to use a foreign word or two.
Click here to see Sun's outbound roaming manual