Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I activate my Roaming Service?
Activate your Roaming services by calling the Sun Hotline 200 using your mobile phone or by visiting the Sun Shop nearest you. You can also call +632 395 8000 for assistance.
- How soon should I activate my roaming services?
Activate your roaming services at least 1 hour before leaving the Philippines
- What are the services that I can enjoy while roaming?
While abroad, you can enjoy a wide list of telco services including:
• Making and receiving calls
• Sending and receiving SMS
• GPRS services including WAP, internet and MMS (only available to postpaid subs and in select destinations)
• Caller ID
- Know who is calling before you answer the phone even when you're abroad with Sun's Caller ID feature
• Call Barring
- Protecting yourself from paying for unauthorized international calls is easy with Call Barring. You can choose to restrict your phone from making or receiving any calls, whether local or international. You may also choose to make calls only to your home country. You can choose how you want to protect yourself.
• Call Forwarding
- Take your calls in another phone when your battery runs flat even while you're roaming. Sun makes sure you don't miss a call especially during a business trip abroad.
• Multi Party Call Feature
- Make simultaneous calls with two of your sales managers in Manila while you're attending a regional meeting in Thailand with Sun Multi-Party call feature.
• Call Waiting and Call Hold
- Know when someone is trying to reach you while you're talking to your mom on your Sun phone with Call Waiting. You can also hold any active call to answer the incoming call or make another call while talking on the phone with Call Hold feature.
Do I get to choose a foreign network while roaming abroad?
Yes. You need to select from available mobile networks while abroad by:
- Go to your Phone settings menu
- From Phone Settings, Click Network selections
- Choose Manual selections
- Then select SUN from the list of networks available.
Do I get charged when I receive a phone call while I am roaming abroad?
Yes! Please take note that for every time you answer an incoming call, whether it originates from the Philippines or from an international destination, you will be charged depending on the rates charged by the roaming network you are currently on.
How do I make a call?
When calling back to the Philippines, just dial:
+63 + Area or Network Code + Phone number or 00 + Area or Network Code +Phone number.
i.e + 63 + 323 + 1234567 or 00 + 63 + 323 + 1234567
When calling an international number, just dial:
+ Country code + Area code + Phone number.
How do I send a text message?
When sending a text message, just use the International dialing format of the recepient when sending a message:
Country code + Area code + Phone number
i.e + 1 + 323 + 1234567 or 00 + 1 + 323 + 1234567
I tried to send messages but it gives me a failed message sending notification. What should I do?
Whenever you encounter a message sending failed prompt, it could be that the message center number is different.
Please make sure that the message Center number is + 639220001501.
Do I get charged whenever I receive a text message?
No. Incoming SMS are free of charge except for Maritime Roaming services.
Tips while Roaming
• Always have a copy of your passport and/or Visa with you wherever you go around
• Have a list of important telephone numbers with you at all times
• Keep a handy dictionary with you when abroad. You’ll never know when to use a foreign word or two.
Enjoy these cost efficient voice and SMS services for postpaid subscribers.
Click here to see Sun's outbound roaming manual
Click here to see list of Sun's outbound roaming destinations
Even when you're abroad, you can access services. the internet, WAP, and send MMS using your mobile phone
Data roaming service is available in over 70 countries including US, UAE, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Click here to see list of data roaming destinations.